Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is staying warm today! Earlier I was able to walk around with a T-shirt, but now I am cold and having to wear a hoodie while working in my office. I even have my space heater on under my desk, something my hubby hates because he would rather I turn up the heat. I don’t like to because it gets too hot upstairs and at this late hour (5pm) it will take too long to cool down before I go to bed. I would sleep with the window cracked open if it were on my side of the bedroom, LOL!
Today’s project features those really cute little Ladybug Trinkets from the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog.
This project has an unusual fold. I am not quite sure what it is called, but I loved it for today’s project. I started out with a 4-1/4″x9″ piece of paper and on the 9″ side I scored it at 1-3/4″ and again at 7-1/4″. It opens like this.
On the inside I put extra writing spaces on the top and bottom flaps just in case I wanted to write a bit more. I can always add another white panel to the back for even more room to write. The DSP panels on the front and white ones on the inside measure 4″x1-1/2″. The panel with the sentiment is the standard 4″x5-1/4″.
The image is stamped in Bumblebee (though you cannot tell in the other photos!) and the sentiment is in Calypso Coral. See the how cute the ladybug is up close? I added the ladybug using a Glue Dot. I have to laugh though. I almost typed Snot Dot because that is what I used to call them when I first started scrapbooking many moons ago!
The little side flap measures 1-1/2″x4-3/4″ and the DSP that lines it is measured at 1-1/4″x4-1/2″. When I glued the Calypso Coral flap on the card front, I only glued it at the top. Simply figure out where you would like to place it and then mark, with your fingers, where the lowest point of the adhesive should go. I think I used 3 or 4 pieces of Tear & Tape Adhesive on the one little point that stuck to the top flap, just to make sure it would not go anywhere!
As with yesterday’s project, I used the Dragonfly Punch to cut the large dragonfly from a piece of DSP. The smaller dragonflies were cut from Bunblebee cardstock. All of the dragonflies are adhered using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project. Make sure to subscribe to Let It Snow Stamping so you never miss another blog post. Every week I pick a stamp set and make one project (possibly two) every weekday. As an added bonus I also make videos for new techniques. The techniques can also be found under the Technique Corner tab.
Make sure you find LISS on:
Facebook (#LISStamping, @LetItSnowStamping),